William Massey, MD
Dr. William Massey was born and raised in Birmingham. He graduated from Amherst College and the University of Alabama School of Medicine. He completed his Internal Medicine Residency and Allergy Fellowship at the John Hopkins Medical School in Baltimore, Maryland. He remained at John Hopkins for four years while he did research, taught, and treated patients. He then returned to Alabama to practice allergy, and was most recently at Eastern Pulmonary Sleep and Allergy in Trussville before joining Alabama Allergy & Asthma Center in September 2016. Dr. Massey is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Board Certified in Allergy and Clinical Immunology. He is trained to treat both adults and children with allergy and immunologic diseases. He believes that all should be treated with respect, dignity, and compassion. He knows it is important to develop long term relationships with his patients so that they can work together to control their allergic disease. He has a special interest in treating patients with asthma, hay fever, anaphylaxis, hives, and allergies to food and stinging insects. He takes an active role in teaching fellows, residents, and medical students. Dr. Massey has published many articles in the field, and is a member of the American Academy of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology. He is also a former President of the Alabama Society of Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Massey enjoys spending time with his wife and grown children who live in Birmingham as well, swimming, the outdoors, sailing, and watching sports. He also has a 15 pound rescue dog who thinks he’s a Great Dane and two cats.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Allergy & Immunology- American Board of Allergy & Immunology
- Medical School: University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Residency in Internal Medicine: John Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Fellowship in Adult and Pediatric Allergy and Immunology: John Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD