Michael Polcari, MD
Dr. Mike Polcari received his undergraduate degree from the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa and his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at the University of South Alabama Health System in Mobile where he stayed an additional year to serve as the Chief Resident for Internal Medicine. Dr. Polcari then completed his Allergy and Immunology Fellowship at the University of Alabama in Birmingham where he and his family fell in love with Birmingham. His favorite aspect of medicine is the patient interaction. Dr. Polcari enjoys teaching patients about their conditions so they may feel empowered as an integral part of the treatment team. This involves explaining various options so he and the patient can make a unified decision on a course of action. He has a particular interest in drug allergy, chronic urticaria, allergic rhinitis and asthma. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics and is a member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology and the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. Dr. Polcari enjoys college mascot trivia, fantasy football, watching all sports, and spending time with his wife and children enjoying the numerous parks and restaurants in Birmingham.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Pediatrics- American Board of Pediatrics
- Board Certified in Allergy & Immunology- American Board of Allergy & Immunology
- Medical School: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics: University of South Alabama Health System, Mobile, AL
- Fellowship in Adult and Pediatric Allergy and Immunology: University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL