Dr. Shashi Kumar is board certified by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology. His post-graduate training includes specialization in Pediatrics at Lloyd Noland Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama and Allergy-Immunology at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center and National Jewish Medical Center in Denver, Colorado. He served as a Major in the Medical Corps of the U.S. Army. He was Chief of Allergy Clinical Immunology Clinic while stationed at 67th Combat Support Hospital in Wuerzburg, Germany. Early in his career, he was Chief of Pediatrics at Fox Army Medical Center on Redstone Arsenal. Dr. Kumar has given numerous national and local presentations on allergy and asthma. He and his wife Kavita have twin daughters, Meena and Nisha who are pursuing doctoral degrees in clinical psychology.
- Award of distinction in recognition of academic excellence in the field of Allergy and Immunology presented by the executive committee Association of Allergists & Immunologists from India during the ACAAI meeting held in New Orleans, LA., November 2003
- Research award for evaluating the effect of Chlorpheniramine Maleate on urination in men with Symptomatic Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy presented at the annual meeting of military allergists during the 50th AAAAI meeting held in Anaheim, CA., March 1994
- Courtesy, Care and Compassion award as Chief of Pediatrics, Fox Army Hospital, RASA, AL., 1991
- Exceptional performance award in Pediatrics, Fox Army Hospital, RSA, AL., 1989
- Pediatrics at Lloyd Noland Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama
- Allergy-Immunology at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center and National Jewish Medical Center in Denver, Colorado
Allergy-Immunology (1995, 2015)