Sunena Argo, MD
Dr. Sunena Argo grew up in Birmingham, Alabama where she graduated from Jefferson County IB School, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and the University of Alabama School of Medicine. She completed her residency in Pediatrics at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock, AR. She then moved to Kansas City, MO to complete her Allergy and Immunology Fellowship at the University of Missouri Kansas City and Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics. After completing her training, she returned home to Birmingham to begin her practice. Dr. Argo is board certified in Pediatrics and Allergy and Immunology. She is a member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, and the American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr. Argo is passionate about the development and natural course of food allergy in children. Her goal is to appropriately identify the food allergen(s) and guide patients through lifestyle modifications at home and school as well as follow their long-term outcomes. Her other clinical interests include asthma, allergies, immunodeficiency, and chronic urticarial. She strives to build a long-term relationship with her patients by developing a team approach with the patients to manage their disease. This approach includes listening to patient concerns, answering questions, formulating a plan, and educating patients about their disease. She hopes this relationship leads to improvement in her patient’s quality of life. Dr. Argo lives in Pelham with her husband, children, and dog. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling, the outdoors, and photography.
- Board Certified in Pediatrics- American Board of Pediatrics
- Board Certified in Allergy & Immunology- American Board of Allergy & Immunology
- Medical School: University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Residency in Pediatrics: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Children’s Hospital, Little Rock, AR
- Fellowship in Adult and Pediatric Allergy and Immunology: University of Missouri Kansas City and Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO